Installing GIT on your web server via SSH
There is no way that we would be able to develop & manage websites as effectively and efficiently without using GIT for source control. GIT is a great open-source application which helps you manage development projects via code repository, and track versions of files within those projects. Fortunately its really easy to install GIT vis SSH.
Install GIT on your web server
Make sure you have SSH access to the server, then follow these simple steps.
- Open your SSH client and login.
sudo yum install git(no need to type sudo if logging in as root).
- That's it! This will install GIT on your server.
Setup a GIT repository on the server
- Make a directory for the repository.
- Change to the new directory
- Then type the following command:
git --bare init