Magento "Exception printing is disabled" error
It is common that you may run into a known error in Magento which can occur for a number of reasons, such as when installing extensions or moving the application to a new server: "There has been an error processing your request"
"There has been an error processing your request Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons. Error log record number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"
Magento install error - Exception printing is disabled.
Here is the solution:
- Navigate to the "errors" folder.
- Change local.xml.sample to local.xml
- You should now see a new list of crazy errors all over the Magento page - this is okay.
- Open magento/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php and look for:
protected $_options = array( 'cache_dir' => 'null', Change it to: protected $_options = array( 'cache_dir' => 'tmp/'
- Save your changes to File.php
- Create a tmp folder in the root Magento folder.